[nd_video video_source=”local” fid=”1292″ aspect_ratio=”16by9″ different_values=”0″ vfid=”1304″]
[html format=”ckeditor” different_values=”0″]
Develop Business Thinking for Business Success
Achieve greater success by becoming a better business thinker!
- Many people, including highly educated, wealthy and smart people, fail in business roles, whether as entrepreneurs, business owners or employees. Some may have succeeded in previous ventures or functional roles – engineering, R&D, sales, manufacturing, finance, marketing, etc. – but fail. Why?
- Most people believe that to achieve business success, they must first have ‘something else’ – capital, technology, talented team, great business plan, etc. Yet, even after getting the ‘something else’, they fail. Why?
- When people fail to perform in business roles, companies often send them to take courses in strategic thinking, marketing, finance and such. Many fail even after taking those courses. Why?
- Many business owners fail to grow their businesses (they ‘hit a wall’) after being in business for a while and then wonder why their business valuations are low. Many family businesses fail into the third or fourth generations. Why?
- Entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas never seem to be able to monetize their ideas – make a business out of it. Why?
We have found that the reasons people fail in business roles is from a lack of business thinking – a ‘business way’ of looking at things. It is a skill that can be taught and developed over time. Many entrepreneurs, business owners and employees in business roles fail to achieve business success often lack business thinking. Similarly, many family businesses have younger generations who apparently do not have a ‘business bone’ in their body which may stem from a lack of business thinking. If you are one of them, you could benefit from developing ‘business thinking’.
Business thinking is a way of constantly evaluating situations from two perspectives – how you can add value in the situation and get compensated for adding the value. Some people call it business-mindedness. If you become more business‐minded, you will do more interesting work and receive greater compensation than you currently do.
The advice and counsel of most academics and experts keeps harking on the symptoms of business failure while failing to tackle some of the big root causes read the article ‘Business Advice is Like Much of Modern Medicine’ in our blog – https://businessthinking.com/blog/business-advice-much-modern-medicine.
We have developed a one-day workshop – a combination of talks, exercises and group discussions to help you develop business thinking.
“If your thinking is NOT business-minded, all the money, technology and outside talent cannot result in business success. “
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- What is business thinking and how it can propel your success in business
- What are the ten elements of business thinking (each one of them could derail you)?
- What are the questions that will foster business thinking in you?
- What are the elements of the business thinking canvas and how to you figure out each of them?
- How can the business thinking canvas assist you to be more successful in business?
”A lack of business thinking is the root cause of poor business success (or failure).”
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- You are a business owner who wants to get back on track and grow your company to a great valuation.
- You have great products and solutions but unable to monetize it in the marketplace.
- You are an executive or member in an ongoing business.
- You are an entrepreneur who wants to succeed in business (>70% fail).
- You are an MBA or business person seeking greater business success.
- You are a techie or scientist wanting to monetize your idea and become more business-minded.
- You are a solopreneur/freelancer wanting to become more business-minded.
THE WORKSHOP LOCATION….
One full day at your location or ours.
UPCOMING PUBLIC WORKSHOP: New York City, August 8, 2018
1-Day Workshop – $1295
(Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Coffee included)
CLICK BUTTON BELOW TO REGISTER (you will be taken to a new page)
Ram Iyer is an MIT graduate with engineering and business degreeswho discovered the need for business thinking from his own successes and failures and from interviewing over a hundred successful (and not-so-successful) business leaders. He regularly given keynote speeches on business thinking, business mindset, the ‘silent killers of business success’ and other topics (see speaker website at www.ramviyer.com). He coaches CEOs and executives to achieve greater success in addition to speaking and writing extensively on the same topic.
Ram is the President of the Business Thinking Institute in Princeton focused on helping individuals more successful in business. He has worked and consulted at large companies including Boeing, Lucent, Pfizer, DuPont and Cargill. He is a former venture capitalist from Silicon Valley and 5-time entrepreneur who has failed and succeeded in business. He is the former President of the worldwide MIT South Asian Alumni Association and the MIT Club of Princeton. He has traveled to about 35 countries and 48 American states.
“It was a very energizing perspective that helped me get my head back in the game.”
– Lawyer and MIT graduate
AFTER THE WORKSHOP…
We will schedule a call with Ram a week after the workshop so you can seek additional assistance to fill out your business thinking canvas. You will also get regular emails with new content to encourage and accelerate your success.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE:
What is the investment for this retreat?
For a workshop at your location, the price depends on many factors such as number of participants, location and additional services required. Please send us a message from our CONTACT page or call us at +1 609 275 6300.
Where do I stay during the workshop?
If you are not local, we will provide you with a list of nearby hotels so you can choose a place that suits your budget.
I have special dietary needs. Can you accomodate them?
Sure, please let us know and we will try our best to accomodate your needs.
I have more questions about the workshop.
Please send us a message from our CONTACT page or call us at +1 609 275 6300.
STILL PONDERING IF IT FEELS RIGHT TO YOU?
WATCH BELOW THE VIDEO of a discussion between Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, #1 Leadership Thinker & Executive Coach in the world and Ram V. Iyer, Founder & President of the Business Thinking Institute about business thinking for business success.
[nd_video video_source=”local” aspect_ratio=”16by9″ different_values=”0″ fid=”1311″ vfid=”1312″]
[nd_slider_item type_slider=”image” fid=”1036″ height=”600px” block_color=”green” different_values=”0″]
[nd_slider_item type_slider=”image” fid=”916″ height=”380px” block_color=”green” different_values=”0″]